Electronics for Passenger Carriages
ELECTROCOMPONENTS FOR TRANSPORTATION
The semiconductor converters have become recently dominant power source in vehicles. Their concept is based on the most modern technologies of power semiconductor components with implementation of modern control structures in form of microcomputer systems.
The advantages of the auxiliary power converters compared to supply equipment using the rotary electrical machines are:
- Ensure uninterrupted powering electrical devices in the vehicles /onboard mains, air condition/ even the carriage is in the station;
- Output voltages of auxiliary power converters correspond to voltages in standard electric mains, and so passengers in coaches have a possibility to use common electrical devices;
- Higher installed power;
- Higher efficiency of power supply consequent from the way of electrical energy generation. This results in higher saving of energy and operating costs;
- Lower weight compared with rotary generators and more suitable shape for integration into vehicles;
- High durability of converters;
- Our power supplies are designed on the base of a modular concept that delivers benefits within design and service.
Many installed auxiliary power converters for passenger carriages, underground vehicles, city transport vehicles and also converter for freight wagons are in operation in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Croatia, Austria, Norway, Russia, Mexico, Spain, Italy, and India.